About the group
NCC is one of the leading construction companies in the Nordics. Based on its expertise in managing complex construction processes, NCC contributes to a positive impact of construction for its customers and society. Operations include commercial property development, building and infrastructure project contracting, and asphalt and stone materials production. In 2020, NCC had sales of SEK 54 bn and 14,500 employees. The NCC shares are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm.
NCC Industry focuses on industrial production of stone materials, asphalt, foundation work and recycling of construction materials. A proactive partner with combined expertise in manufacturing and contracting with strong focus on sustainable solutions.
The primary markets are concentrated in the Nordic countries, where NCC is the leading player in the industry. Sweden is the largest single market with almost half of the turnover.
The customer base for stone material, asphalt production and paving is found both within the private sector and in the municipal and public administrations.
The private market for paving and delivery of stone material makes up the largest part of the customer base.
About the division NCC Industry Denmark – Division Asphalt
NCC Industry is a vital part of the construction and civil engineering sector in Denmark and has excellent relationships and reputation in the market. Employing approx. 475 skilled and dedicated people and projecting turnover of more than 1.2 mia DKK. generated from both private and public segments in Denmark.
The position as Country Manager
NCC Industry Denmark – Division Asphalt is recruiting for a proven Country Manager with strong business acumen and solid leadership/ management skills, ideally with experience from the asphalt, construction/- civil engineering business. With reference to the Division Manager for Division Asphalt the Country Manager is responsible for the total operations of all in-country activities and plays a key role in driving business/- and organizational development and further growth. This is a hands-on leadership role that requires an action mindset and strong partnership, sales, and technical & team leadership capabilities.
The ultimate responsibility for the country manager will be to provide direction to the business and to grow the top- and bottom line revenues. Key aspects will be both strategic and tactical/operational plans and actions of the business. Reporting back into the Division Manager, the country manager is expected to be a self-sufficient, proactive and creative individual who has the drive to turn an already good business into a great business, in close cooperation with the Nordic Division.
- Full P/L responsibility
- Ongoing strategic and tactical direction to operational delivery team(s) based on market intel and understanding in order to meet business plan goals.
- Ownership of all NCC Industry matters across assigned area: ensure values are delivered and adhered to at all times, proactively leading and demonstrating behavioural values.
- Lead and focus the team to attain all plans, supporting continuous improvement and ensuring legislative compliance.
- Create, implement and execute on commercial strategy
- Overseeing market and competitor trends to secure market positions
- Drive sales efficiency through clear targets and KPI´s
- Drive and support positive customer relationships, fostering and enhancing relationship management with open, honest and effective communications.
- Promote, represent and enhance NCC reputation internally and externally with customers and industry/ – and public representatives.
- Visionary leadership and organizational development. Understand, involve and motivate
- Carry out operational administrative functions, staffing activities and managing day-to- day employee relations and operational issues
- Maintain operational integrity and excellence, ensuring robust governance and performance reporting. Work with top management and your Scandinavian peers to improve delivery performance and maximise opportunities.
- Establish and maintain relations with Private/ Public stakeholders on behalf of NCC
- Promote a work environment that positively motivates all including diversity and inclusion in workforce and thought
- Ensure timely administrative, financial, and operational management reporting
- Participate in strategic discussions to ensure future growth
- Ensure the compliance of legal norms and organizational internal procedures
The candidate skills and qualifications
Ideally you hold a B.Sc. or master´s degree in a construction or civil engineering discipline. Furthermore, you have a proven track record of minimum 5-10 years in a similar, people manager position from a large international player within the infrastructure construction industry.
You are a solid and trustworthy, internal and external, communicator with the ability to convey ideas into specific actions and secure understanding and backup from both business collaborations and own team.
You are a teamplayer and work through your organization, promoting the hands-on approach to leadership and management.
You lead by example with a “can-do-attitude” where drive and ambition is the fuel that ensures a short distance from words into actions and hereby creating results.
You see NCC Asphalt Denmark in a bigger context but use your abilities to create a long and short term strategy and execution that builds revenue and creates a long term sustainable business.
Your leadership skills enables you to maintain, develop and recruit an industry first-class winning team with a strong performance culture aligned with the company values.
You are well articulated, with good inter-personal relationbuilding character combined with strong written/verbal presentation skills.
IT and language
Skilled Office tools knowledge. Fluent in Danish and English, verbal and written.
Understanding Swedish is a plus.
Denmark, Kolding, Odense or Aarhus.
Approx. 30-50 days per year for our Head Office in Stockholm.
Please note that we contact relevant candidates and conduct interviews over the coming weeks, so do not hesitate. The process is concluded when the right candidate is found.