About the company NCC Industry Denmark
NCC Industry is a vital part of the construction and civil engineering sector in Denmark and has excellent relationships and reputation in the market. Employing approx. 675 skilled and dedicated people and projecting turnover of more than 1,5 billion DKK generated from both private and public segments in Denmark.
Finance Manager, Sector Asphalt
Leadership on the distance – Structure & Process – Commercial understanding
NCC Industry is recruiting for a proven Finance Manager with strong business acumen, commercial understanding, and solid leadership/ management skills, ideally with experience from the construction/- civil engineering business, but not a must. A value-based leader providing vision and financial craftsmanship to team and organization.
You will lead a team of 4 direct reports, based on 4 locations in DK, this puts your experience with leadership and management on the distance into play. You will be responsible for organizing, structuring and providing relevant, timely and accurate financial analysis and reporting, of all in-country activities, to support decision making processes across the organization. Your task is to ensure compliance to all general internal and external accounting policies and company financial procedures.
Reporting to the Head of Division Business Control Asphalt, the Finance Manager will work as a strong business partner towards local management, securing and developing the team as well as the, subject related, structures and processes related to the production of timely and credible financial information. Together with your team of experienced colleagues you will be in charge of providing analysis, forecasts, budgets and reports on the financial performance of the business.
Furthermore, based on the data and analysis you will be expected to provide input on all strategic and tactical matters that relate to budget & cash flow management, profitability & revenue/ cost analysis, forecasting needs as well as advise and challenge cross-functional on the day-to-day operation and long-term strategy.
- First priority is to provide team/function leadership towards direct reports, peers and management team
- Support the Country Manager in daily business and various number of ad-hoc projects and priorities
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures
- Financial controlling of the organization’s financials
- Plan, coordinate and drive the budget process in close collaboration with team and organization
- Ensure that all statutory requirements of the organization are met, including VAT and indirect tax reporting
- Prepare supporting information for the annual audit
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control etc.
- Manage the cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts in accordance with policy
- Manage, support and develop the financial accounting and controlling team of 4 colleagues
You have a solid experience from a similar position with maintaining the day-to-day best finance practice – preferably from a complex full value chain business, within an international organization. The ideal candidate has a solid financial background, combined with leadership, and strong management skills and you know when to ask the right questions, in order to find solutions.
You are a visible leader with strong interpersonal skills and a good track record within financial business optimization, making you able to unfold the potential of a team. The candidate must be proactive and cooperative and have a commercial approach to problem solving.
- Analytical approach and able to set framework – strong focus on governance
- Strong communicational skills – both verbal and written
- Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization
- Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization
- Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques
- Build and develop strong and high performing team
- Manage multiple tasks and deliverables in a mix of short and long-term
- Minimum a bachelor in Managerial economics (HD-R) and preferably a Master of Accounting (Cand.merc.aud.)
- Experience from a production related industry is preferred
- Experience from an international company
- Solid IT and software skills
- Verbal and written English skills, knowledge of Swedish is a plus
IT and language:
Skilled Office tools knowledge and fluent in English. Understanding Swedish is a plus
Workplace: Copenhagen, Odense or Aarhus
Travel: Approx. 15-20 days per year to our Head Office in Stockholm.
Starting time: Right candidate first
Questions and contact:
+45 22 79 80 98